Saturday, February 13, 2010

It's been awile

I haven't posted in quite awhile, so I wanted to break the quiet streak, which is quite unlike me. Most of the time one can not shut me up. I'm guilty for talking far too much. In my defense, I am always trying to listen more. It has been a crazy month filled with red tape to get food assistance, more grieving the loss of my father this year, trying to wrap up some coursework for school, and work. Now, more than ever, I need to prioritize, and follow a schedule. Despite the challenges my life has through my way recently, I must, I must, I must.

Getting my food stamps today was a huge relief, and focusing should be that much easier. Having my fridge stocked with superfoods can't hurt either. I'm so excited to eat the way I've wanted to for months. My only regret is not asking for help when I first needed it instead of waiting. Oh well, it is what it is. Hopefully, things will get better, and I won't be elgible for food stamps for long.

I did just pick up a third job at Greyhound Lines as a ticket agent once again, I worked there for five years previously. I've been offered 20 hours a week, and I'm so excited at actually making enough money to pay my own way again. I'm so happy, and it is about time that things start looking up. I wish my dad was here to see it though. He was always offering me advice in hopes that I would find my way to better circumstances. I miss him everyday.

Watching the 2010 Winter Olympics is what made me want to write today. The olympics are so much more than sport, they are inspirational. What these atheletes do for four years prior to train for this one shot to prove what they got is awe-inspiring  Sure medals are great, but just getting to the olympics is an honor. It makes me what to go the the gym, and realize my dreams.

Speaking of the gym...I have discovered a really great website to add spice to ones workout. They are intense, only twenty minutes long, can be done at home, and keep it interesting. Zuzana is really hot too. I would be lying if I said I didn't want to look like her at all. I have already done one of her workouts, and it kicked my butt. I haven't worked that hard for awhile. It was also totally engaging, and even kinda fun. Oh, I bet a link would be good. Check out http://www.bodyrock.tv/ !

No comments: